Helpful
Replies

AP Placement

Adam.habbati1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone 

I have a warehouse that I want to cover with Cisco AP's 2802i 

The space is about 2500 square meters(8202 square feet), and about 7 meters highs(23 feet high)

Any suggestions on how many AP's 

Thanks!

6 Replies 6

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
You can’t really guess on this. What determines this is the racks, products in the racks, devices that need to associate to the wireless, where you can mount AP’s and it external antennas, etc. a site survey by experienced engineers would determine the best location for AP’s and or external antennas which then would result in how many AP’s you need.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
If the client wants to get this done right, then get a wireless site survey done.

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Wouldn't be using 2800i with heights above 4m

As stated a wireless survey is required as a warehouse is a complex wireless environment. Need to take into account racking, and other attenuators in the environment, and if you get it wrong it can kill production.

Take a look at the presentation in this post i did at the Ekahau WiFi Day:

https://thewlan.com.au/2019/12/06/wifi-design-day-sydney/

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

Hi Andrews 

Thanks for your answer,

can i ask why they shouldn't be implemented above 4 meters, although we will connect it with external Antenna (CISCO SYSTEMS AIR-ANT2544V4M-R) as the image below shown 

@Adam.habbati1 wrote:

can i ask why they shouldn't be implemented above 4 meters

Experience.  
Experience is a very painful teacher.  

This is why you need a site survey. You mentioned to use 2802i, that model can’t use external antennas, the 2802e can. Now there is a best practice with height using internal antennas and also a manufacturer external antenna recommenced height. I have seen internal antennas work at a very high mounting location but is that the best way, no it’s not. Since you picked out your ap and antenna, you should invest in a site survey by an experienced company.
-Scott
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card