cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Air-LAP1142N-A-K9 going offline

ethutchinson
Level 1
Level 1

I am using a Cisco WLC 4402 with a mixture of 1242 and 1142 APs connected . I connect using our installed base of HPE Aruba switches. DHCP is Microsoft for the APs and SSIDs. Recently I have been upgrading some of the 1242s for 1142s. Two in particular have been going offline for some unknown reason. Cabling is verified and good for both of the APs in question. HP switch logs show the ports going offline. POE budget is good on the switch. I do not have prime and I basically do what little management I can with the 4402 GUI. I am thinking they are somehow going into some sort of power save. Is there some way I can force the APs to stay up? I should mention this same switch already supports another three 1142s that never come down. The settings between the good APs and the ones that come down are the same in the controller. I am getting these second hand and I have had to change Hreap mode to local.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Just to let everyone know if you manually set the speed and duplex of the switchport it is plugged into it does not lose connection.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I have seen quite a lot of 1142's doing strange things. They are EOL and quite old so might just be the APs finally failing

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Go to Management > Tech Support > AP Crash Logs.
What do you see?

Nothing there

Just to let everyone know if you manually set the speed and duplex of the switchport it is plugged into it does not lose connection.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card