Views
Helpful
Replies

AP requirement on 2 country codes

pallaruelo
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Community,

I have 3 1852i-E-K9 access points and I cannot enable both 802.11a & bg radios.

In Wireless/AP details/Advanced

Regulatory Domains 802.11bg:-A 802.11a:-E

As a consequence :

If I put the WLC in US country code,  only 2,4GHz radio is active. If I chose FR (on any other EU cc), I only have 5GHz radio active on APs...

I've never had these config with APs, any idea to find out the country code which allows both radio to work at the same time ?!

Many thanks,

Franck.

6 Replies 6

Try With MX

Espero que la información haya sido útil y si no tienes más preguntas recuerda cerrar el topic, seleccionando la respuesta como "Respuesta correcta"
**Please rate the answer if this information was useful***
**Por favor si la información fue util marca esta respuesta como correcta**

Unfortunately it did not works, same behavior than with US country code. MX is for -AN

AP on the 802.11a radio with Base Radio MAC MAC@ (AP_NAME) is unable to associate. The regulatory domain configured on it '-E' does not match the controller's regulatory domain: -AN

But many thanks to you to have tried to help me :)

Well, you can configure your WLC with Differents country code, obviously can have an impact in power TX,  but not to much worries. Have you tried to make it work with both codes? 

Espero que la información haya sido útil y si no tienes más preguntas recuerda cerrar el topic, seleccionando la respuesta como "Respuesta correcta"
**Please rate the answer if this information was useful***
**Por favor si la información fue util marca esta respuesta como correcta**

I though an AP can belongs to only 1 country code ?

The AP can support Mobility Express.

We have switched APs from ME to lightweight before connecting it with a WLC.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card