Views
Helpful
Replies

AP slow down network

NicolasBou
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I set up a wireless network one years ago with one WLC ( model:2500  version:8.1.102.0) without any probleme. Since around two weeks, performance go down only for the wireless network which is a part of the local wired network (no vlan).

I dont get any error from WLC log and AP are correctly joined to the WLC. The only issue i can see its from the led on AP. Led blinking red/green/off as is there are stuck in discovery mode bit its not the case. i checked with "show ap joins stats detailed" command and all is good.
i dont have any idea where to dig to troubleshoot deeper, i restarted the WLC/AP and test to reset AP

without any success.
any help will be really appreciated...

UPDATE : i just noticed some AP are in UX regulatory domain instead of FR. The WLC are in FR domain.
But i can't change the domain for AP the option is not available...

UPDATE 2: This is related to the model directly, so this is not related to my problem

best regards,

N.B

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I think if your AP’s are online and nothing has changed on the wireless, you need to try to isolate the issue. Is it a new device or certain device that users are complaining about? Was there an update on the device. Hard to say where to start since you have made no changes on the network side?
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@NicolasBou wrote:

Led blinking red/green/off as is there are stuck in discovery mode bit its not the case.

This is not normal. 

Console into the AP and post the complete output to the command "sh log". 

@NicolasBou wrote:

version:8.1.102.0

This is not a good firmware to begin with.

Hello,

Thanks for your answer...
Ok, i'll try to find a console cable cisco to check log from AP.

But, why this is not a good firmware ? do i need to perform an upgrade ?

UPDATE : log on AP in attached files 
Thanks,
N.B

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card