Views
Helpful
Replies

AP1042N and AIR-PWRINJ3 compatibility

olddanmer
Level 1
Level 1

I read the Cisco Aironet 1040 Series Access Points Data Sheet

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps5678/ps11203/data_sheet_c78-609338.html

In Powering options recommended for powering

• Cisco AP1040 Power Injectors (AIR-PWRINJ4=)

AIR-PWRINJ4, how i know, is used for devices with needing power up to 20W through PoE.

In description to that AP is writen

Designed for sustainability, the Cisco Aironet 1040 Series offers 802.11n performance with standard 802.3af Power over Ethernet (PoE). At only 12.95 watts of power, the 1040 Series combines the power of dual-radio 802.11n with the efficiency of standard PoE. The sleek industrial design of the 1040 Series blends seamlessly into any indoor enterprise environment.

Turns it should be enough AIR-PWRINJ3 injector. Can AIR-LAP1042N works with PoE injector AIR-PWRINJ3?

4 Replies 4

Saravanan Lakshmanan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The catch is AIR-PWRINJ3 doesn't have Gig interface.

kcnajaf
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Yury,

I think you may have to go with AIR-PWRINJ4= for safer side. Even though AP1040 theoretically consumes power of 12.95 please be aware that when deployed using PoE, the power drawn from the power sourcing equipment will be higher by some amount dependent on the length of the interconnecting cable. This additional power may be as high as 2.45W, bringing the total system power draw (access point + cabling) to 15.4W.

So it would be ideal for you to use AIR-PWRINJ4= which offer power upto 20W rather than AIR-PWRINJ3 which offer the power of 15W only. I'm assuming that 1042 Ap's would work with AIR-PWRINJ3 on most of the cases but if your planning to buy new i would recommend you to go with AIR-PWRINJ4=  in order to avoid last minute surprise :-)

Regards

Najaf

Please rate when applicable or helpful!!!

Ok, thanks. I think, AIR-PWRINJ3 will work for me. I have tested my AIR-LAP1042N with D-Link DWL-P200 injector (I had available), its have 100 mb interface and 15W power. He works fine with line about 50 meters. Now I sure AIR-PWRINJ3 will works too.

Now I sure AIR-PWRINJ3 will works too.

Not it won't.  I have tons of PWRINJ3 and I can assure you it won't work.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card