Views
Helpful
Replies

AP1200 Recover from boot loader HELP!!

willianp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a AP1200 that has no IOS in the flash I need the procedure to upload a new IOS from the boot loader and extract it from the .tar file, I cant find the procedure using the search option.

Thanks in advance,

Willian

5 Replies 5

mosingh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

The procedure is somewhere on Cisco.com. Cant find the link right now but here's the procedure :

1. Connect the AP via a crossover to a PC directly.

2. Give any static IP and mask to the PC.

3. Start a TFTP server with a newly downloaded firmware file in the default directory. (say 12.2(15)JA)

4. On the console on the AP give these commands :

ap: flash_init

ap: set IP_ADDR

ap: set NETMASK

ap: set DEFAULT_ROUTER

ap: tftp -xtract tftp:///c1200-k9w7-tar.122-15.ja.tar flash:

5. Press the space bar every time you see the ---More--- prompt.

Hope this helps.

Mohit

Hi

Got exactly the same problem. Tried tu use the upgrade function in the web interface. One hour elapsed and nothing happened. Wait 5 to 15 minutes the message said the procedure should take. 2 AP1230 now wasted.

Use Solarwinds tftp server to try the recovery procedure but nothing happens:(

If i try "boot tftp:///c1200-k9w7-tar.122-15.ja.tar flash:" the message from the AP is magic number mismatch: bad mzip file

Tried to download this file twice (and the previous), setting ethernet speed down etc without success.

Got 9 other 1230´s, but now i dont dare to upgrade them. My problem is that i must do it.

Orjan

Hi Guys,

There are 2 TFTP upgrade processes depending on the type of prompt u're getting on the console.

1. ap>

- Go into enable mode and run this command

ap#archive download-sw /overwrite /force-reload tftp:///c1200-k9w7-tar.122-xx.XX.tar flash:

2. ap:

-Make sure you have the PC connected directly via a crossover cable to the AP.

- Follow the procedure in the following link :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps4570/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00801d0188.html#wp1048378

Hope this helps.

Mohit

This post was 95% helpful.  I banged my head around for a bit before I realized that step 4, last line is incorrect.  It should be tar -xtract, not tftp -xtract  - i.e.:

tar -xtract tftp:///c1200-k9w7-tar.122-15.ja.tar flash:

This command allows the AP to download / expand the new code in the appropriate directory structure.  Hope this helps others...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: