cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP1200 upgrade from VxWorks to IOS

wowen6904
Level 1
Level 1

I just tried to upgrade my firmware to IOS in the AP1200, using the steps provided by the Cisco website. And now i can't access the AP using IE and the IP address. I used to be able to access it fine when I had VxWorks, but since the upgrade I cannot access it. If this doesn't work, would I be able to go back to VxWorks and get the AP set to the "true" factory settings and get it back to where it was? I tried the reset in the CLI and the Mode button reset, but it keeps reading c1220-k9w7-mx.122-11.JA3. which is IOS. I need to get VxWorks back, if possible. email me at wade.owen@gdc4s.com if you have any suggestions. thanks!

3 Replies 3

david.lawrence
Level 3
Level 3

Once you have upgraded an AP from VXWorks to IOS you can not convert the AP back to VXWorks. This should be mentioned within the Cisco upgrade documentation.

HTH

D

Ok, thanks for the info. I remember reading that, but I wasn't sure if someone has gotten around it before. So, now I need to get the IOS software to work. Any suggestions on some changes that have to be made so that I can access the AP with a web browser and an IP address. Everytime I try to access it that way, the browser says it cannot find it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I think the problem is that the IOS software did not install fully and/or it is now inoperable. What do I do in this situation? I need to find a way to put the AP into recieve mode using HyperTerminal, but I can't seem to do it and send the IOS upgrade to the AP again. Is that how it works? I'm in desperate need of getting this AP back up and running with IOS. PLEASE HELP!!!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card