cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP340's and 7920

ReadersUK
Level 2
Level 2

I know its not supported but has anyone got the two working? i have 340's using eap and wep that work fine with laptops but give the following error when using the phone."Station [x.x.x.x]0013196ea942 Failed Reassociation, status "Can Not Support All Requested Capabilities"

I have checked the wep and leap setting and they are fine and the phone works with the AP1100's i also have.

6 Replies 6

wong34539
Level 6
Level 6

Usually the message 'Can Not Support All Requested Capabilities' results when the client is requesting features that are not enabled or supported on the AP and most likely, this is LEAP related.

Yes, so we recommend IOS as it has much more perks (arp-caching, DTPC, bug fixes, etc.), but AP340 isn't upgradeable to IOS. AP340 should work no problem though. Sounds like you have TKIP/MIC enabled. Should use 12.04T version or higher for vxworks AP. Also don't think 0013196ea942 is a 7920 MAC address.

hi mike

thanks for the info, it was TKIP/MIC now they are off it works fine. The mac address was correct all 12 of our phones begin 00131xxxxxxx they are just out of the boxes so may be different from what you have

regards colin goona.

Yes 7920 only supports WEP40/128 (hexadecimal) at this time. 2.0 release coming out later this year will have TKIP/MIC support.

hi mike

thanks for the info, now they are working i can see why there are so many comments about poor roaming.Do you know where cisco post information about this issue.

regards

colin

So if using LEAP should expect up to 300ms gap, static wep is 150ms. Refer to http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_implementation_design_guide_book09186a00802a029a.html for more info.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card