cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP350 won't boot after IOS upgrade

j-fritz
Level 1
Level 1

I have an AP350 and after I upgraded the IOS to 12.2.15-JA it won't boot. In monitor mode it tells me there are no bootable images available. I see the new image there. I was having issues with the authentication on this box. This was the reason to upgrade the box to begin with. Now I have more problems here. If anyone can help please I could use it. The old directory where 12.2.13-JA1 was in is not there and the new image is not in a directory either if that helps.

3 Replies 3

dixho
Level 6
Level 6

Please read the attachment. It shows you how to recover IOS from bootstrap. Specifically, please go to "Using the MODE button" in "Reloading the Access Point Image"

As a side note, you cannot use HTTP interface to upgrade IOS software starting 12.2(15)JA. Below is from release notes:

TFTP Required to Upgrade 1200 Series Access Points to this Release

Software upgrades fail when you use the web-browser interface to install Cisco IOS Release 12.2(15)JA on 1200 series access points. The image size exceeds the access point's 4-MB restriction for software upgrades. Use TFTP to upgrade your 1200 series access point to this release. For complete instructions on using TFTP to upgrade access point software, see the "Working with Software Images" section on page 20-18 in the Cisco IOS Software Configuration Guide for Cisco Aironet Access Points.

Thanks for all your help that doc helped out a lot

Thank you for the links. I was able to resolve my issue, also.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card