cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP3702 - Cannot get higher than 200-240 Mbps throughput?

BenjaminLucas
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Perhaps this is just the best I can expect from this particular AP, but I was hoping to break 300 Mbps with this AP setup, as I believe according to the charts, I am getting MC9 speeds and should be able to hit this.

Setup / Info:

vWLC VM running 8.5.161, I had 8.5.120 previously and upgraded to 8.10.121 then down to 8.5.161. SSID is set to 5GHz only (radio policy 802.11a) Power level 3 set for all AP's on 5GHz, 2.4 is disabled on all but one SSID for my printers, but set to power level 5. I have set 80MHz channel widths instead of "best" in the WLC.

All the throughput speeds / levels are set, from what I can tell. I'm not sure where to go from here, does anyone have anything to suggest that I might be able to check in on? I'm willing to post configs / logs if needed if someone is able and willing to help me diagnose this.

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

d.friday
Level 4
Level 4
The Client ( The Printer in this case ) has a lot do to with how it connects to the Access Points, so most likely this is a client issue.
What throughput levels to you see when you connect your PC to the AP ?

I have responded to 2 or 3 similar queries in the past week. Pls see the following thread and see if that helps

https://community.cisco.com/t5/wireless-and-mobility/catalyst-9800-cl-aironet-3702i-performance/m-p/4076829#M115943 

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I really don’t think you will achieve over 300. I have various setups at home and at time struggle to get over 150 up and down (Iperf). I do have a lot of aps and neighboring AP’s.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: