cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

*apfMsConnTask_0: spam_lrad.c:18962 LWAPP header parsing failed, dropping the packet

jawad-mukhtar
Level 4
Level 4

Hi ,

Today i face strange error i cant find solution. If anyone knows please help.

3/1/2013 6:30:43 PM    x.x.x.x    Error    EFWLC01: *apfMsConnTask_0: spam_lrad.c:18962 LWAPP header parsing failed, dropping the packet

3/1/2013 6:30:42 PM    x.x.x.x   Error    EFWLC01: *spamReceiveTask: spam_lrad.c:18962 LWAPP header parsing failed, dropping the packet

3/1/2013 6:30:42 PM    x.x.x.x   Error    EFWLC01: *spamReceiveTask: spam_lrad.c:19081 Received invalid UDP port (5247) in the packet from AP     70:81:05:af:bb:e0, dropping the packet

Where as this 70:81:05:af:bb:e0 mac is of ap-manager Interface

During Error Message some clients were facing outage. But now error is not recieved again.  I want to know root cause of this error message which i canot find on cisco website.

WLC Controller Model is AIR-WLC2106

Software Version                 7.0.235.0

Up Time                 199 days, 11 hours, 2 minutes

Jawad       

Jawad
2 Replies 2

grabonlee
Level 4
Level 4

UDP 5247 is the CAPWAP/LWAPP control protocol. The protocol packets obviously must have been corrupted and that is why the Controller could not interprete messages from the AP. The only resolution is to either use the Cisco bug toolkit and search if it is a bug perculiar to 2106 WLC or you open a TAC support case.

I would suggest that you hold off till the error occurs again. If it does, swap the AP and if it continues, open a TAC case.

Cheers

maldehne
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you want to figure out the root cause later on, where the clients are out of service:

make sure to have:

debug client < mac address of client >

show traplog

show msglog

show arp switch

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card