Views
Helpful
Replies

Apple ios7 asking to accept wireless certificate multiple times a day

pak chan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

After the users upgrade their iphone to ios7, it is asking to accept certificate multiple times a day. For some ios7 users, it ask about 10 times a day to accept certificate to join the wireless network. The user is frustrated about the process to use the wifi network. However, it does not do that in ios6.

The envirnment:

Cisco 5508 - 7.4.100.60

WPA2 Enterprise - Mircosoft IAS

I search the web, didn't find anything related to the issue.

Want to check the forum and see anyone have the same issue

32 Replies 32

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I run iOS 7 and never had issues. Maybe try to erase the network settings from the iPad or iPhone and then create the profile again. When you erase the network settings globally, the user will have to enter their home SSID's and any other manually again.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hello,

I do have the same issues on my side. Customers tried to remove the wireless SSID and rebuild it but no success. Scott, you're proposing to wipe completely the network configs ?

Dave

Hello again,

Reset all my network settings on Iphone, rebuild my wireless connection. Waiting... I'll keep you posted if it works.

Dave

Nope... Forget the network on the Apple device and manually create it again. Or like what you did, reset the network on the apple device. These work for me since I beta test code and my iPad and iPhone freaks out.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

pak chan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I update the WLC to version 7.4.110.0 fix the issue.

Thanks for everyone's input.

Pak

Hello Pak,

You tried it blindly or found something in cavehats ?

Dave

Tried it blindly. The version 7.4.100.60 will cause the appliance reboot itself, Cisco recommended update to 7.4.110.0.

So happen fix the issue as well.

Just tried it now and I don't see this form of behaviour.

All,

I have upgraded 5508 to the 7.6.100.0 code (to accept my new 3702 APs) and even with the iOS ver 7.0.6 on the iphone 5s I am still seeing this bug - getting multiple "accept certificate" prompts during the day.  They are random also - sometimes I can go a couple days without the pop up - sometimes several times a day.  I want to revive this forum topic.  Has anyone found any answers to this phenomenon?

I have opened a TAC case as well, and they cannot figure out what might be causing this...

Need more detail... is this error using WebAuth, PSK, 802.1x?  I have the same setup but have an iPhone 5 and iPad with no issues on Webauth, PSK or 802.1x?

Thanks,

Scott

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

-Scott

I am using WPA2 with 802.1x authentication with RADIUS server.

How many radius servers?  The reason is because you need to have the same certificate on either radius servers or else you will get prompted every time authentication goes to a different radius server.

Thanks,

Scott

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

-Scott

Hi all

yes we have same problem here WPA2 with 802.1x authentication and Radius server.

The problem started when users upgraded to ios7.

Had TAC look at it and they advise it is an Apple problem, as we have ios 6 devices that have no problems connecting at all.

Apple just say its our Cisco Router, not that we are using a router!! - wlc 4402 and 30 AP's.

created new Radius server on 2008R2 running NPS, but same problems.

We were hoping latest ios release for Apple would solve issues but it doesn't appear to have,

oh well..

I'm having the same issue as all others here .. checking in to see if someone has come up with a definitive solution yet?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: