Views
Helpful
Replies

APs not showing in Cisco Prime 2.2 with WLC 8.3

mohammad saeed
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Guys,

I have Cisco Prime 2.2 and WLC 8.3.122.0 and I added WLC in Cisco prime and is synchronized but no AP are added!

what could be the reason?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You should upgrade prime so that you get the latest support for controllers, code and access points. The reason I say that is because you don’t want to downgrade to an old version. Figure out what code your AP’s support and look at what code is available. Then figure out what Prime version you need to go to. Keep in mind that the old version of PI has lower hardware specs than what is required for the newer versions. Also it’s better to spin up a new instance instead of the headache of upgrading, especially if there is multiple upgrades required to get to the version you want.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Is your ap’s supported on the version of Prime 2.2?

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/2-2/supported/devices/pi22-supported-devices-list.xlsx <>
-Scott

I think the issue between Prime and WLC version not match as per this document!

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/compatibility/matrix/compatibility-matrix.html#pgfId-148410

I want to upgrade Prime to 3.3 or downgrade the WLC to 8.100 ... I think this is the solution!

You should upgrade prime so that you get the latest support for controllers, code and access points. The reason I say that is because you don’t want to downgrade to an old version. Figure out what code your AP’s support and look at what code is available. Then figure out what Prime version you need to go to. Keep in mind that the old version of PI has lower hardware specs than what is required for the newer versions. Also it’s better to spin up a new instance instead of the headache of upgrading, especially if there is multiple upgrades required to get to the version you want.
-Scott

@Scott Fella wrote:

Thanks Scott for your advice..you are right it should upgrade the Prime

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card