cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Atheros 928X not passing traffic

JASON CHOQUETTE
Level 4
Level 4

We are having an issue with a Fujitsu tablet using a Atheros 928x wireless NIC.  At random times it just stops passing traffic, it stays connected to the access point, but just stops passing any traffic like the connection has gone away.  I have tried multiple 1142 and 3500i access points, with the same result.  We are running 7.0.98.0 controller code.

I have also run some debugs on the client from the controller and could not find any issues there.  Session timeout is disabled on that WLAN and they are using EAP-PEAP and 802.11n on the 5.0Ghz.

The access points are at a remote location, but we are not using H-REAP since the connection is 100Mb ethernet and ping times to the access points are consistently below 3 ms and nothing is routed localy as they are using Citrix sessions.

Thanks for any help on this becasue I am totaly out of ideas on this one.

2 Replies 2

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If that's the only type of device having that problem, it's more likely to be a device issue.

In any case, if the "debug client " doesn't show any anomaly (errors,disconnections) then only a wireless sniffer trace can designate the culprit I'm afraid.

Did you try upgrading the drivers on your client ?

wireless wlc
Level 1
Level 1

Does the problem happen on roaming ? or stationery ? If it happens when tablet is stationery, then you need to test it out with another similar or different client.

If it happens during roaming, try removing any authentication and associate to an open SSID and see if problem still there.

regards

Nazeeb

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card