cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

azimuth and elevation: useful documantation for usage

Andrey128
Level 1
Level 1

I am deploying access points in DNAC, for their proper positioning its needed to set Azimuth and Elevation per access point.

I have not found documentation offering well described / illustrated process for correct Azimuth and Elevation setup, does it exist?

There are plenty of informational fragments , which do not offer universal approach, e.g.

"https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center/2-3-5/user_guide/b_cisco_dna_center_ug_2_3_5/m_work-with-wireless-2d-and-3d-maps.html

Azimuth: Angle of the antenna, measured relative to the x axis, clockwise. The azimuth range is from 0 through 360. In Cisco DNA Center, pointing right is 0 degrees or 360 degrees; pointing down is 90 degrees.

You can manually enter the value or use the blue arrow under the field to change the value.

Note

For omnidirectional antennas, the azimuth is not relevant if the elevation is 0.

Elevation: in degrees. You can manually enter the value or use the blue arrow under the field to change the value.

Note

For APs and antenna models that are designed to be placed on a ceiling, 0 elevation means pointing down. For APs and antenna models that are designed to be placed on a wall, 0 elevation means pointing horizontally and negative values means pointing down."

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Other than the height of the APs, I leave everything default.  

not sure this is correct approach, how about cases when patch antenna mounted on the wall or AP with internal antenna is on the wall ....

@Andrey128 wrote:
not sure this is correct approach

It is not, however, compare the heatmaps of doing the right thing (changing the azimuth based on how the AP is installed) and leaving everything at default.  

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card