Views
Helpful
Replies

Back UP Cisco Controller

m.dridi89
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

i have two controllers 2504 in different sites so differnet subnets  and i would like to make the wlc's back up each other  so when wlc 1 goes down the aps from that wlc  join the wlc2 .

can you please tell me how that could be done ? if the ap had to be flexconnect ?

is HA  need to make the managment subnets the same or could be done in our case (differents subnets) ?

53 Replies 53

hi,

I would like to apologize about the duplicate thread .

Well it s the first time i m gonna the HA and unfortanlly it s confusing even i read in cisco course and still not clair to me 

please answer me those two question and give me a direct answer 

in wlc 5500 is it engaugh to put 50 ap license and then switch it to ha-sku with 500 ap and timer for 90 days ??

i m planning to do N+N is it the same configuration like N+1  i mean wlc1 bacjkup for wlc2 and reverse ??

thanks for ur paitence

please answer me those two question and give me a direct answer 

Sorry mate, but who's the "teacher" and who's the "instructor" here?  

Have you read and understand this:  High Availability FAQ

i m planning to do N+N is it the same configuration like N+1  i mean wlc1 bacjkup for wlc2 and reverse ??

You can plan whatever you want.  I won't be stupid to give you a solution without knowing the basic of what you're trying to do and what "system" you currently have.  

thanks for ur paitence

Actually, my patience is wearing thin.  If you are unable to provide any reliable information(s) then I'm going to back off.    I, and maybe others, are here on a volunteer basis and we don't have the time to play "20 Questions".  

Provide the following information:

1.  How many sites?

2. Describe the LAN & WAN of the client.  I want to know ALL the different WAN speed available of every site? 

3.  How many current APs? 

4.  Describe the LAN backbone?  100 Mbps?  1-, 10- or 40 Gbps?  100 Gbps? 

NOTE:  If you want, I can design, implement a wireless design if you're willing.  I normally charge US$150/hour in consultation fee.  

ok,

There is two sites site1 wlc1 15 ap

and site 2 wlc2 11 ap there is mpls link and the lan speed is 100mbps

There is two sites site1 wlc1 15 ap

and site 2 wlc2 11 ap there is mpls link and the lan speed is 100mbps

That's it????  These are the information available????

What a waste of (everyone else's) time!  

Scott, George, Steve, Rasika, etc.  

I'm backing off this thread.  The OP doesn't seem to show any sign of being serious.  I'm not wasting my time of this.  

Hi,

I 'm very serious but since you can not help me about it and said something like that thanks you for your attitude and have a nice day . 

This promo is valid until 30 June 2015 so you'd better act quickly before time runs out:  Cisco Mobility Express Bundle.

This is the best chance for you to get a free WLC 2504 with 25 AP license just by buying two of the same APs.  You can buy as many (bundles) as you want.  

i wrote that can buy a license to make the 2504-5 a 2504-ha ?????

so after all with a license or to get from the begining a 50 ap license ?

please stop me if i m not correct 

so the HA are two mode 

1:1 when we are using same subnet  and it s mandatory that we have device supprot HA-SKU

N+1 for backup and also need HA-sku and can use flexconnect for two different subnet 

in my case since i don t have device that support HA-SKU  so i need to buy more license for ap and other problem is since wlc1 goes down the ap when join wlc2 will broadcast ssid with the other subnet ip 10.1.60.x and 10.1.30.x ??

ok

i Have site 1  wlc mangment ip 192.168.99.250 and ap are 192.168.99.X

SSid are 192.168.60.x data 192.168.30.x guest

Site 2 wlc managment ip 10.1.99.250 ap are in 10.1.99.X

ssid 10.1.60.x data 10.1.30.x guest 

the two site are separte throw mpls link 

the idea is to establish N+1 ha so when site 1 wlc goes down the ap goes to site 2

as far as i know with flexconnect that will be possible so i have to dump local mode is that coorect ??

can you tell me is that technically possible ?? give me a solution ??

without buying a 2504-ha ?? 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card