Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Backup image APs IW3702

Hi, I have a WLC 5500 with APs Cisco IW3702-4E-UXK9, recently I upgrade IOS of the WLC to version 8.5.171.0, the APs upgrade IOS to 8.5.171.0 but the backup of APs dont upgragre and continue with the two previos version.

For the upgrade of the WLC 5500 I upgrade to a version 8.3.150.0 later I upgrade yo a version 8.5.171.0, but the APs IW3702 dont upgrade the backup ios.

Why does this happen?

3 Replies 3

Hi

Run "ap ap-name predownload"

But I would not care about it because AP will always work with currently wlc version.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Don't worry about it.

Rich R
VIP
VIP

Just as long as the AP is now running the new version it doesn't matter what the backup is. 

There was a bug https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCve14291 which meant the AP didn't reload and upgrade when the WLC was upgraded - it just keeps running on the old version.  If your AP was running one of the affected versions then it could be affected.  If it is affected then check that the correct version is set to primary (if not then switch) and then manually reboot the AP.

But this bug affected APs running COS whereas IW3702 runs IOS so should not be affected by this bug.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card