cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

basic authentication o A.P

ddicky
Level 1
Level 1

I have a simple wireless LAN,no ACS involved.

I will like to do simple user authentication on all the wireless users which would like to associate with the A.P,can it be done as I understand the LEAP will able to make the A.P as the local authenticator.

5 Replies 5

kmarrero
Level 4
Level 4

Here is a URL that shows the 1100 being setup as a local radius server for LEAP. http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps4570/products_configuration_example09186a00801c0912.shtml

hi that for the reply.I knew somebody will post it this attached file.I tested it many many time on my AIR-AP1120-B-A-K9 and it just could'nt work.

It took us a very long time to get the various useful authentication features going, and the documentation is most unhelpful. Two things we found:

Use a shared secret less than 16 characters.

Use key number 2, not key number one.

If you are still stuck I can post the configurations of a working master/slave pair, but you'd have to disentangle the CCKM, ACS server & WDS which we also use.

thks god there is somebody which having the same problem with doc.Your posting configuration will be very much appreciated.

Here goes: 192.168.104.245 is the ACS server; you should be able to leave it there initially - local RADIUS will cope without it. 192.168.1.100 is the AP RADIUS master; 192.168.1.105 is the AP slave.

Our configs use WLSE and WDS, so the accounts for them are included in the RADIUS master - you should be able to remove them gently as you remove the associated features, but the RADIUS SHOULD work, even with the rest of the crap you don't want still there. Good luck.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card