Views
Helpful
Replies

Boost Signal on a AIR-AP1562E-E-K9

Heinz
Level 1
Level 1

Good Day,

Is there any way to boost the signal on a AIR-AP1562E-E-K9 managed by a AIR-CT5520-K9 WLC

I do not see any settings relating to increasing the signal moving 20 feet away the signal drops off

Advice will be apricated

Regards

6 Replies 6

JPavonM
VIP
VIP

BEFORE all, you need to configure proper external antenna gain under Wireless>Access Point to match double the real antenna gain you are using. (Cisco way to configure that). Then you need to tune the current RF Profile used by the AP with the appropriate TX Power for outdoors taking into consideration that the maximum EIRP power outdoors is 30 dBms in ETSI domain. 

With all that inputs, RRM algorythm will decide the proper TX Power for the AP, which will be at maximum (30 - Antenna_gain).

Thank you for the reply,

Excuse my ignorance but by external antenna you referring to the two screw in antennas?

Yes it is

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@Heinz wrote:

AIR-AP1562E-E-K9

Get a different antenna.

Thank you, I will look into it.

Regards

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/aironet-1560-series/datasheet-c78-737416.html#Productspecifications

Antennas

●  Dual Band

●   AIR-ANT2568VG-N             6 dBi (2.4 GHz),        8 dBi (5 GHz)                                           Omni

●   AIR-ANT2547VG-N             4 dBi (2.4 GHz),        7 dBi (5 GHz)                                           Omni

●   AIR-ANT2547V-N                4 dBi (2.4 GHz),        7 dBi (5 GHz)                                           Omni

●   AIR-ANT2588P3M-N=         8 dBi (2.4 GHz),        8 dBi (5 GHz)                                           Directional

●   AIR-ANT2513P4M-N=         13 dBi (2.4 GHz),      13 dBi (5 GHz)                                           Directional

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/wireless/aironet-antennas-accessories/series.html

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card