cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Broadcom 802.11ac Wireless PCIE Full Dongle Adapter problems with WPA2-Enterprise networks

ciscoprolin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we're currently we’re facing massive problems with the “Broadcom 802.11ac Wireless PCIE Full Dongle Adapter”

in connection with Windows 10. The clients are not able to connect to eduroam (WPA2 with 802.1x) but have

no problems connecting to open wlans like our guest wlan (Monzoon).

The issue seems to have existed for about 2 weeks and we’re suspecting it is related to a Windows 10 patch but we don’t have any proof as of now.

We’re running a Cisco 8540 WLC with 2600, 2700 and 2800 Access Points in local mode. Other client types are able to connect to the SSID we therefore assume it’s a

We’re facing the issue with different vendors like Lenovo or Dell but always in connection with Windows 10.

Are you aware of any known issue with regards to the “Broadcom 802.11ac Wireless PCIE Full Dongle Adapter”  in connection with Cisco WLC/Access Points ?

Thanks,

Thorsten

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Firstly, download the latest driver for the "Broadcom 802.11ac Wireless PCIE Full Dongle Adapter".
Next, what firmware is the WLC running on?
Finally, run a debug. We want to see what is going on when this issue is happening.

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
No problem here with eduroam, but I don't have that Broadcom adapter (as far as I know). Our Dell machines don't have any issues.
As you also have Monzoon, are you in Switzerland? If yes we can have a phone call (send me a PM with contact details).

Regardless of that, please provide the data that Leo has asked for, as this would greatly help with the troubleshooting.

Rasmus Vinge
Level 1
Level 1

We see the same problem. It is related to the 802.11r fast roaming.
The client are getting "5200 Authentication succeeded " many time on ISE.
But the 4 way handshake stop with no reply from the client.

Software Cisco 8.5.140
Driver.

Vendor : Broadcom

Date : 22-10-2017
Version : 1.558.53.1

You can try to upgrade the WLC code, might help (there were some 802.11r bugs fixed in the newer 8.5.151.0 release) . Alternatively, simply disable 802.11r (FT) if you don't require it.

Can I just use adaptiv (FT) Will that work?
I like (FT) We have a lot of users that roam and fast is better.

You MUST use Adaptive FT. With FT enforced, all clients that don't (fully) support 802.11r will not be able to connect to the SSID.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card