Views
Helpful
Replies

C9124AXE as wgb cannot reach gateway

normankasper
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I am trying to configure a C9124AXE as wgb, which works so far.

It authenticates against the ISE and is also seen as a client on the WLC.

However, I can't reach anything, not even its gateway. Does anyone here have an idea what the problem could be?

Why does the wgb not have an ARP entry from the GW, but the router has an entry from the wgb set?

AP Running Image : 17.12.3.31

Test-WGB1#sh ip int brief

Interface               IP-Address         Method     Status                              Protocol

*wired0                unassigned            unset      down                                 up

wired1                        n/a                     n/a       down                                up

auxiliary-client    10.250.34.25          static        up                                   up

Test-WGB1#sh arp
IP address            HW type    Flags    HW address              Mask    Device
10.10.34.1            0x1          0x0     00:00:00:00:00:00       *        srcr2

The Output of the router, where the GW is configured:

router#sh ip arp vlan 10
Protocol    Address        Age (min)    Hardware Addr     Type     Interface
Internet     10.10.34.1              -       34ed.1b3e.a302   ARPA    Vlan10

Internet     10.10.34.25            0        c828.e542.8cf1   ARPA    Vlan10

Would be thankful for any advice

Norman

10 Replies 10

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Does this issue result in problems for clients too ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hi Marce, yes - the client can't reach the GW, but it is see at the router also.

The client can reach the WGB and an arp entry is also displayed there.

test-wgb1#sh arp
IP address        HW type     Flags       HW address               Mask   Device
10.10.34.1     0x1              0x0         00:00:00:00:00:00       *       srcr2
10.10.34.30   0x1              0x2         a0:29:19:8f:16:8f         *       srcr2

Router#sh ip arp vlan 10

Protocol    Address           Age (min)    Hardware Addr     Type        Interface

Internet    10.10.34.1        -               34ed.1b3e.a302    ARPA      Vlan10

Internet    10.10.34.25      0               c828.e542.8cf1    ARPA      Vlan10
Internet    10.10.34.30      1               a029.198f.168f     ARPA      Vlan10

Thanks, Norman

- Have a checkup of the WLC's configuration using the CLI command show tech wireless and feed the output
     from that into Wireless Config Analyzer  visit all tabs in the Excell look for issues related to WGB if any , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Means this output, there are no errors in the config or it meant, that the tool is not working ?

normankasper_0-1718967062981.png

-  Remember to use as input show tech wireless   , not simple show tech neither show tech-support 

M.

Yes, I did, but there is no Output or files... maybe it doesn't work for the moment, I will try next week again

Thanks

Norman

Unfortunately, nothing happens when I load the file into the analyzer. It does not seem to work.

- Send it to me in a private messages, I will have a try with it ,

M.

Hi Marce, I have now got it right, but can't find a reason why the ARP entry from the gateway is not displayed or why I can't reach the gateway from the WGB.

Does anyone else have a tip?

I have gone through the configuration instructions and have configured what we want.

Rich R
VIP
VIP

Have you followed all the config steps as per https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/catalyst-9105axw-access-point/218043-configure-access-point-9105axw-as-work-g.html ?

Also take of the restrictions and limitations at https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/9800/17-9/config-guide/b_wl_17_9_cg/m_ewlc_wgb.html and additional config detail.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card