Views
Helpful
Replies

C9800-CL GUI unreachable from WLANs

Clem58
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

We have 2 WLCs C9800-CL running in cluster, version 17.3.5b, that are working good.

I have noticed something odd, when I'm connected on one SSID/WLAN the WLC/AP is broadcasting, I cannot connect to the GUI via https://ipofthewlc while I can connected when I using wired connection.

Have you ever faced this issue ?

Many thanks by advance for your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- To enable management over wirelessConfiguration > Wireless: Wireless Global > Management Via Wireless: Enable

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- To enable management over wirelessConfiguration > Wireless: Wireless Global > Management Via Wireless: Enable

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Thanks Marce, I also found the CLI command at the same time

Clem58
Level 3
Level 3

Ok I've just found my answer myself

I had to type in conf t mode : wireless mgmt-via-wireless

- Great news have doctor's checkup of the C9800-CL configuration (always useful) :  with the CLI command : show  tech   wireless , have the output analyzed by  https://cway.cisco.com/tools/WirelessAnalyzer/  , please note do not use classical show tech-support (short version) , use the command denoted in green for Wireless Analyzer.               Checkout all advisories and or make improvements to the controller configuration , if applicabe.

M.

Rich R
VIP
VIP

Be aware that most organisations regard allowing management access via wireless as a security risk/vulnerability.
Obviously if you're aware of that and accept the risk then go for it.
Otherwise ensure that access to your WLC management is only via secure methods which generally means not allowing direct wireless access.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card