cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C9800-CL Limit local webauth guest account to specific WLAN

Todd S
Level 1
Level 1

Working on getting local webauth guest access working on a C9800-CL.  I have the accounts created.  I want to limit which account can log into which WLAN.  I've put in the WLAN Profile in each guests account but each user can log into each guest portal.  Am I doing something wrong?

user-name Guest
  creation-time 1692368864
  description Guest-User
  wlan-profile-name Customer_Guest_Wifi
  password 0 ***********
  type network-user description Guest-User guest-user lifetime year 0 month 3 day 5 hour 0 minute 0 second 0
!
user-name Guest1
  creation-time 1692368864
  description Guest-User
  wlan-profile-name Customer_Guest
  password 0 ***********
  type network-user description Guest-User guest-user lifetime year 0 month 3 day 5 hour 0 minute 0 second 0

!
wlan Customer_Guest 5 Customer_Guest
band-select
dot11ax target-waketime
dot11ax twt-broadcast-support
no security ft adaptive
no security wpa
no security wpa wpa2
no security wpa wpa2 ciphers aes
no security wpa akm dot1x
security web-auth authentication-list local_webauth
security web-auth parameter-map GUEST
no shutdown
!
wlan Customer_Guest_Wifi 10 Customer_Guest_Wifi
band-select
dot11ax target-waketime
dot11ax twt-broadcast-support
no security ft adaptive
no security wpa
no security wpa wpa2
no security wpa wpa2 ciphers aes
no security wpa akm dot1x
security web-auth
security web-auth authentication-list local_auth
security web-auth parameter-map GUEST

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- There's an overall checking methodology of the configuration of  a 9800 controller use the CLI command show  tech wireless and feed the output into :
                                 https://cway.cisco.com/wireless-config-analyzer/
  This may point errors relating to your intended guest setups too

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

I do not think you can control selected local users to particular SSID.

HTH
Rasika
*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

Rich R
VIP
VIP

Your config shows the user config referring to Customer_Guest_Wifi and Customer_Guest profiles and then it shows WLANs with those same names.  But WLAN definitions (SSIDs) are not profiles!  In the 9800 configuration model a WLAN (SSID) and policy profile are associated with each other in the tag policy.

That's not to say it will work (I've never tried it) but you might be confusing the WLAN/SSID with the policy profile?

Take a look at https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/catalyst-9800-series-wireless-controllers/213911-understand-catalyst-9800-wireless-contro.html

Thanks.  I am using the WLAN Profile name, which happens to be the same as the SSID.  Are you saying that I need to use the Policy tag for the WLAN vs the WLAN profile name?

No I'm saying that when you add a WLAN to a policy tag you need to add the WLAN profile name *with* the policy profile.
Did you read the document at that link?
The Create/Modify a Policy Tag section, step 2, shows adding the WLAN with the policy profile.

CLI:

# config t
# wireless tag policy <policy-tag-name>
# wlan <ssid-name> policy <policy-profile-name>
# end

Use the config analyser (below) to check your config.
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card