Views
Helpful
Replies

C9800 CL on hyper v cluster -HA-SSO

munish.dhiman1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All, 

I am looking for a document stating , 9800CL on Hyper v cluster does support HA-SSO. I could not find this information over internet but i can see support for  EXSI other platforms. Any input will be appriciated . 

Regards,

MD

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Ref : https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/9800/17-1/deployment-guide/c9800-ha-sso-deployment-guide-rel-17-1.pdf
                          look (Find) for Hyper-V

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

SSO is depend on available of HW multi supervisor, here you config it in hyper-V so I think  it not work.

munish.dhiman1
Level 1
Level 1

@MHM Cisco World  OK,that's the answer i get from most of the technical expert. How to get a confirmation, we have to desgin it for a business requirement.

Rich R
VIP
VIP

I agree with @marce1000 - it is specifically mentioned in the doc which he linked so it should work fine.  If it was not supported that would be stated in the restrictions and limitations.  Always refer to the release notes and support matrix.
SSO is a software feature not a hardware feature so the hypervisor shouldn't be a factor.
The only difference, which applies to all hypervisors not just hyper-V, is the requirement for the 3rd interface for HA.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card