cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I get the serial number of SFP in WLC 5508 by GUI or CLI?

Davar Bajelan
Level 1
Level 1

I need to get the serial number of SFP in WLC 5508 ver 7.0 but can't find the command, is this possible and if yes how can I get the S/N of SFF in WLC?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is no command to get that information from the SFP on a WLC.  I typically document that info prior to putting the WLC in production.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is no command to get that information from the SFP on a WLC.  I typically document that info prior to putting the WLC in production.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

Thank you Scott for quick reply.

I wish the feature was available, because even though I document it.... it seems to move around:)

Thanks,

Scott

-Scott

Yes, it would be very convenient feature. We need this info and we only have remote access to WLC. Now we need to dispatch a filed tech to get info from site. We can get this from Data Switches and Routers.

debug fastpath cfgtool --dump.sfp

Thanks for sharing the command.  I've never seen that before.  

Hello,

Thanks for the useful command. i tested and it works on 5500 WLC.

is there similar command for 8510 ?

Cheers.

talal_fr2004
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Thanks for the useful command. i tested and it works on 5500 WLC.

is there similar command for 8510 ?

Cheers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: