Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I use DHCP pool in EWC?

ewc-dhcp.png

You can create DHCP pool in EWC.

However, connecting to the SSID does not renew the IP.

Do I need to create a DHCP pool and then do the following?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

- Probably because it uses the same software as the bigger and or 'real'  XE-based controllers

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

check this

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/ewc/17-3/config-guide/ewc_cg_17_3/dhcp_for_wlans.html

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

I have already checked the documentation.

However, DHCP pool can be created in EWC.

If internal DHCP is not available, why does the DHCP menu exist?

- Probably because it uses the same software as the bigger and or 'real'  XE-based controllers

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Seems like a software thing to keep the looks and feel consistent but HW might not have sufficient resource to handle it, but you are right it shouldn’t be there. 

-hope this helps-

Rich R
VIP
VIP

EWC does support internal DHCP but only for AP-on-a-stick site survey mode, not normal operation.

See the data sheet: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/embedded-wireless-controller-catalyst-access-points/white-paper-c11-743398.html#Conversion
Site Survey Option
"Cisco EWC supports an internal DHCP server and operates without a pingable gateway. This enables the user to take the access point powered by a battery pack and a client device to perform an active survey. User need to have a power adapter connected to external power supply.
To run the EWC as site survey AP user need to start with day-0 configuration as described in the section day-0 provisioning of this document."

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card