cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I use HREAP/Flexconnect to tunnel internet traffic?

heshamcentrino1
Spotlight
Spotlight

Dear All,

If I have a WLC 2504 in the main site/HQ and I want to deploy an office extended AP in the remote site.

Can I tunnel the internet traffic so the remote site (Office extended) will have the same IP location as the main site?

For example if the HQ Site has a Wan Public IP of 90.255.XXX.XXX

Can the remote office extended AP gets a Wan Public IP of 90.255.XXX.XXX when you do whats my IP  at the remote site?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich R
VIP
VIP

@heshamcentrino1 this all depends how you configure the SSID (WLAN).
OEAP specifically allows the user to have a locally switched and managed "personal" SSID which is always locally switched out of the remote internet connection.
For the WLANs configured on the WLC:
- Centrally switched WLANs will be tunnelled back to the WLC over CAPWAP and exit to the internet at the HQ and therefore get the same public IP as your HQ users.
- Flexconnect locally switched WLANs will exit to the internet locally at the remote site and therefore will get a different public IP.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich R
VIP
VIP

@heshamcentrino1 this all depends how you configure the SSID (WLAN).
OEAP specifically allows the user to have a locally switched and managed "personal" SSID which is always locally switched out of the remote internet connection.
For the WLANs configured on the WLC:
- Centrally switched WLANs will be tunnelled back to the WLC over CAPWAP and exit to the internet at the HQ and therefore get the same public IP as your HQ users.
- Flexconnect locally switched WLANs will exit to the internet locally at the remote site and therefore will get a different public IP.

heshamcentrino1
Spotlight
Spotlight

@Rich R Thank you very much for your quick response, and yes, that makes sense. I appreciate your great efforts.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card