Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

can't listen in 7925G

I have a 7925G wireless phone. The phone is connected to the network and registered in CUCM.

When I receive or make a call, I can't listen and the people who receive the call can't listen me.

10 Replies 10

nate fitzgerald
Level 1
Level 1

2 things is the wireless signal good to that 7925 ? Also is there Qos across the network, if you are using a large wireless network and have a Wireless LAN Controller involved, you would need Qos configured to the ports connecting to the WLC and across the switching network to the Access Points.

Are the calls external or internal, if both of the calls are having issues, definitely verify Qos and the wireless signal strength to the area you are using the phone in.

Thanks

Calls are internal and external.

Wireless signal is strong because the AP is in the same room and wireless network is small.

Others wireless phone are working ok.

Ok on the config of CUCM if you have all of the parameters the same as the other working 7925 phones then would not think there would be an issue with the config, do the 7925 models have a speakerphone ?? try using that to talk and listen, it could be something with the receiver of the phone, which you might just have a defective phone, I have a client that has  a few 7921 models and 7925 models and has had to replace one or two of them so they can have hardware issues.

Hopefully that helps some

No, we are not using speakerphone.

One of the phone is brand new and the other was working until few days ago.

Thank you for you patience Nate. 

Ok I just meant if the phone has speakerphone then try using that to see if you can hear through that as opposed to just using the receiver, if the issues persist even on speaker than there is definitely an issue with the phone regardless either way you might need to do an RMA and have the phone replaced

From personal experience, I manage 2000+ 7925 phones, if other phone are working the area then you likely have a phone issue. 

One of our deployments we had a 10% failure rate of phones new out of the box. Similar issues one wat speech .. 

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

I reset both phones to factory default and reconfigured. 

Same issue in both, including the brand new.

This is different .. Prior you mentioned it was only a phone now all phones have the issue .. 

Did you read the 7925 deployment guide ? If not give that a read make sure you're following the guidelines ..

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Sorry, George.

I said I have the issue in a 7925G and other 7925 is working ok.

You're right, I didn't mention a 7921.

Also, I have same issue in a 7921.

Any idea?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card