cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't save Configurations on AP and not Broadcasting SSIDs

oshaka321
Level 1
Level 1

I have some problems with my vWLC. I created two WLANs. But when I check them in my mobile, the created SSIDs are not showing me. Even I enabled Broadcast SSID they are not showing me.

Picture (Capture 6)

Picture (capture 7)

The other thing is even I configure AP settings (AP name and AP mode) from WLC, they are not changing. Because I use vWLC I tried to configure AP mode to FlexConnect mode. But the settings are not changing

Picture (Capture-1)

When I save configs it is prompted this message

Picture (Capture 2)

After I go to all Aps tab the settings are not changed

Picture (capture 3,4)

What is the reason for that and please help me to solve this issues. Thank you.

3 Replies 3

srkala
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
What AP are you using ? Please share the screenshot of the interfaces tab under AP details.
Regarding the error message, Do you have a primary WLC configured under High Availability tab ? You will need to provide both WLC name and IP address.

jagan.chowdam
Spotlight
Spotlight

I would look at the AP Group configuration first. Make sure SSID are added to the AP Groups.

Go to WLANs --> Advanced --> AP Groups --> Select the AP Group -->WLANs

Your SSIDs should be added with correct interface mapping & APs should be part of this AP group. If it's default-group, then all WLANs/SSID will be added to it by default. 

***Please rate all helpful responses***

Jagan

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The error message is related to an incorrect configuration under the high availability tab of the AP.

You need to define the Controller Name and management IP address if you are using this feature. If you only have a single controller then whilst it is advisable to complete this, its not a requirement to fill anything in here.

Is your AP part of an AP group, located under the advanced tab of the AP for where the AP is assigned?

If so have you added the WLANs to this AP Group? WLAN>Advanced>AP Groups

If the AP is in the default group then it should broadcast all WLANs with an ID under 16

Also the vWLC will be using Flexconnect, have you defined the WLANs under either the default Flexconnect group or the Flexconnect group the APs are part of. 

Wireless>Flexconnect Groups

Have you tried from a computer? If there are a large number of SSIDs being broadcast in the area sometimes a mobile wont display all being broadcast.

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card