Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot boot from usb with U-BOOT

Torken
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am trying to boot from an USB flash disk on my Cisco AP Catalyst 9115AX because I pushed a wrong bin file and I cannot access to the system CLI.

So I copied the correct file C9800-AP-iosxe-wlc.bin in my USB flash disk ( I tried FAT32 and exFAT format).

Now, I press esc before kernel starts and I enter in u-boot CLI. I didn't really know how to use U-BOOT so I read available commands with help and I can see my USB device is not found unlike nand flash :

u-boot> nand info

Device 0: nand0, sector size 256 KiB
  Page size       4096 b
  OOB size         128 b
  Erase size    262144 b
  subpagesize     4096 b
  options     0x00090200
  bbt options 0x00000000
u-boot> usb start
starting USB...
USB0:   ++++ Powering up USB blocks... OK
USB EHCI 1.00
scanning bus 0 for devices... 1 USB Device(s) found
       scanning usb for storage devices... 0 Storage Device(s) found
u-boot>

I don't know how can I boot on the binnary file that is on my 8GB USB flash disk

Can you help me,

J.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Torken
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Leo and Marce,

So, I finally found a solution. I connected the cisco AP to the WLC network, and hard reseted the broken AP, after reboot it automatically downloaded the good binary Cisco image (it took time), then it rebooted again and provisioned automatically to my EWC. I already tried to hard reset out of the ap LAN and it has been not working.

Special thanks to Cisco's engineers that developped Cisco IOS.

Have a nice day

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Won't work. 

Contact Cisco TAC and organize for an RMA.

marce1000
VIP
VIP

FYI : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/catalyst-9100ax-access-points/datasheet-c78-741988.html

>...

Interfaces

●  1x 100, 1000, 2500 Multigigabit Ethernet (RJ-45) – IEEE 802.3bz
●  Management console port (RJ-45)
●  USB 2.0 (enabled via future software)

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Torken
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Leo and Marce,

So, I finally found a solution. I connected the cisco AP to the WLC network, and hard reseted the broken AP, after reboot it automatically downloaded the good binary Cisco image (it took time), then it rebooted again and provisioned automatically to my EWC. I already tried to hard reset out of the ap LAN and it has been not working.

Special thanks to Cisco's engineers that developped Cisco IOS.

Have a nice day

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card