Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot upgrade AP 1852

blazcc
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all masters of Cisco,

I have a Cisco Access point 1852i. I tried to upgrade it on several different ways, via HTTP, via CLI, even via Cisco.com. But I wasn't successful. On HTTP I got a message "Transfer failed". In CLI via TFTP nothing happened, but TFTP works for sure, because I upgraded 2960 switch a few minutes before this access point. When I tried the last option via Cisco.com I received message "invalid CCO", but if I try to download image from Cisco.com I have a valid subscription and I can download image without a problem. 

Is there an option to upgrade AP over console cable?

Can anyone help me somehow with that. Any ideas would be really appreciated. 

6 Replies 6

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

What is the software version is active on AP and which version you want to upgrade to ?

Here is the process:

https://www.wiresandwi.fi/blog/cisco-mobility-express-software-upgrade

Regards

Dont forget to arte helpful posts

Current version on AP is 8.5.120.0 and I would like to upgrade to latest version 8.10.151.0.

I saw this process, but it doesn't work for me, I don't know where could be the issue.

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Looks like the AP might be 'dead on the network' when trying the upgrade.  Does it have a valid network configuration at that point ? Can you for instance ping the tftp server ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

AP is working it has a valid network config, with an IP in the same subnet as tftp server and I can ping tftp server. But when I try to upgrade it nothing happens. 

This has been discussed a number of times.  First check the logs?

But you'll probably find the answer here: https://community.cisco.com/t5/wireless/mobility-express-software-upgrade-error/td-p/4271229

- Check the tftp server's logs too.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card