cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 9166AXI

Maurice Ball
Level 3
Level 3

Could someone please provide me with the command that will convert the 6Ghz radio to the 5Ghz radio from the CLI? I would like to run Dual 5Ghz radios on the access point but everytime I use the following command. I get the error stating this is not a dedicated radio.

ap name ap-name dot11 { 24ghz | 5ghz } slot radio role {auto | manual {monitor | client-serving}}

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Try this as this worked for me.

ap name <ap name> dot11 dual-band slot 2 shutdown
ap name <ap name> dot11 dual-band slot 2 radio role manual client-serving
ap name <ap name> dot11 dual-band slot 2 band 5ghz
ap name <ap name> no dot11 dual-band slot 2 shutdown

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Don't think that is possible , ref : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/cw916x/cw9166/install-guide/b-hig-cw9166i/overview.html?bookSearch=true#internal_antennas  . look for dedicated

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

You can do it from the GUI with no problem but I cannot figure out how to do it from the CLI.

>....You can do it from the GUI with no problem but I cannot figure out how to do it from the CLI.
 Possibly you could reveal the CLI command by taking a diff from the running config on the controller before and after applying the setting .

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Just to add, the ability for an ap to have dual 5GHz is the XOR feature and that is specific to 2.4GHz/5GHz, not the 6GHz.

-Scott

On this access point the XOR radio is the 5GHz/6GHz radio. 

@Maurice Ball I haven't looked at my 9166, but it seems you need to change the 6ghz role to client serving and then you will be able to change to radio from 6ghz to 5ghz.

ScottFella_0-1676322940064.png

-Scott

Rich R
VIP
VIP

Is that the right form of the command you're using?  I don't have one of those APs to test with but I think:
9800#ap name <ap-name> dot11 dual-band <slot n> band ?
24ghz Switch to 2.4GHz band.
5ghz Switch to 5GHz band.
6ghz Switch to 6GHz band.

Thanks for the reply but I tried that command and it does not work. I get the dedicated radio error when that command is used. 

Post the output of what you are trying to do so at least folks can keep track and test also.  Have you opened a TAC case?

-Scott

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Try this as this worked for me.

ap name <ap name> dot11 dual-band slot 2 shutdown
ap name <ap name> dot11 dual-band slot 2 radio role manual client-serving
ap name <ap name> dot11 dual-band slot 2 band 5ghz
ap name <ap name> no dot11 dual-band slot 2 shutdown

-Scott