Views
Helpful
Replies

CBW145ac Access Point - LAN LED-colors using RLAN

weinfreax
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i am using the Ethernet-ports of a 145ac.

Connecting with Ethernet cable the small led is blinking orange (or should it be yellow) and everything is working fine, also if VLAN is configurated. But sometime, connected with some clients, there is additionally a small green led on (I do not meen the main led of the AP, i mean this 2 small leds left and right of each lan port), and everytime this led is on or blinking, the connection to the client is down.

So my question is, what is the functionality of each of this both led?

Thanks.

Tom

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

can you get the picture and upload here to understand the status or look below guide LED status :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/csbap/CBW_Admin/Admin/en_US/b_Cisco_AP_Admin_Guide/b_Cisco_AP_Admin_Guide_appendix_0111.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks for the link, but in these tables i only can find the describtion of the behavior of the main led from the AP and not the leds on the side of each of the 3 LAN ports. I miss the description of the leds for their 'switch function', at least I can't find that in the manual.

post the picture to understand as mentioned earlier.

BB

these are the 2 the led's i mean (red bordered):

145ac_b.png

if a client is connectet the yellow one is blinking slowly - everything is working fine.

in some cases, a client is connected and the green one flashes additionally, and client dont't have access to my router.

So if i would know, what the functionality of the green led is, i hopefully can isolate the error better.

I have not used this device, most cisco device

Green Flashing means working.

Organge blinking - may be duplex or speed mismatch  or try to negotiate.

you can view the logs in the device.

BB

In the manual of the Cisco Aironet 1815w (which seems to be identically in construction to the 145ac) i found a description of the statuses of these ethernet leds:

145ac_3.png

But interesstingly the leds on my 145ac the are lighting up the other way round.
If my different notebooks (f.e. thinkpad T14, dell 5401, ... ) are connected, the green LED isn't lighting up (but the notebooks are working with the rigth GBit-connection-speed in this case), but if some device are connected which have definitly no GBit/s network-card, the green LED is on.

So maybe the functinallity from the Aironet 1815 to the 145ac has been changed, or there is an other reason or bug that can explain this behavior.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card