cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CBW240AC Access Points Deliver Slow Download Speeds

KendalSmithy
Level 1
Level 1

I recently had to re-install five CBW240AC access points after a rogue PAT test (the power adaptors were not unplugged from the router or the Cat5 switch) caused them to reset to their factory defaults. However, despite the router delivering downloads at the max speed (in our case full fibre at 200Mb/s) the access points only provide speeds of 30+Mb/s. They show as 2.4 and 5 GHz in the Android app but obviously don't function properly.

What can I do to resolve this problem?

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check this thread : https://community.cisco.com/t5/wireless/wifi-speed-slow-on-240ac/td-p/4413683

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

KendalSmithy
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks but that thread doesn't help. Everything was fine before the PAT test so I have to assume something has happened to the access points. Could they be damaged in some way? If so I would expect them to fail completely. They are connected to an 8-port PoE switch which still delivers via ethernet at full speed, so we can't blame the switch.

Rich R
VIP
VIP

- Don't suppose you thought to backup the config so you could just restore it?
- You're going to have to check the AP configurations - go through everything.
- Check for obvious problems like speed/duplex mismatch on ethernet ports - generally auto/auto is best but sometimes you might need to hard-code them to match each other but the worst combination is auto one side and hard code on the other.  The results are unpredictable but usually result in half duplex with lots of collisions which get worse as traffic rate increases.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card