Views
Helpful
Replies

Change multiple APs High Availabilty tab on WLC 5520

james.mathieson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a WLC5520 with a few hundred APs on.

I want to change the high availability tab details for about 200 of them.

For the life of me I cannot find a way to do this in one hit.

Is there a way to select multiple APs to do this?

Many thanks.

James

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Take a look at this excel file I created a while back.  You just need to run the show ap summary and paste as text into the 1st worksheet.  You then need to format that as text to column using space as a delimiter.  The other worksheets should be self explaining.

This is only for AireOS which you have.  I also tend to push the tertiary, then secondary, then primary in that order.  Just test it and see if it works for you.  Keep in mind that the controller name is case sensitive.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

no worries hope it works out well for you.  I use this when I move ap's around.  Again... I typically will set the tertiary and secondary first so that the ap's stay on the controller its on and then push the primary last.  Its the same when you push the bogus info.

-Scott

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You have to do this from the command line.  You can prepare a script or just cut and paste the values.  Keep in mind that you can't have duplicate values at the same time, so you might have to push a bogus entry with spaces for the controller name and use 0.0.0.0 for the ip and then push out the primary, secondary, and tertiary controller information.

-Scott

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Take a look at this excel file I created a while back.  You just need to run the show ap summary and paste as text into the 1st worksheet.  You then need to format that as text to column using space as a delimiter.  The other worksheets should be self explaining.

This is only for AireOS which you have.  I also tend to push the tertiary, then secondary, then primary in that order.  Just test it and see if it works for you.  Keep in mind that the controller name is case sensitive.

-Scott

Scott,

That's fantastic.

This will save me a lot of time.

Everyday is a schoolday!

Many thanks.

James

no worries hope it works out well for you.  I use this when I move ap's around.  Again... I typically will set the tertiary and secondary first so that the ap's stay on the controller its on and then push the primary last.  Its the same when you push the bogus info.

-Scott
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card