cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing the fixed IP address of a 140AC access point

chrzimmer
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I have assigned a fixed IP address to my 140AC access point during the initial setup.

Now i want to change this IP address, but unfortunately i find no function in the GUI to do so. The only thing i can do in the moment is, to set the device to factory defaults, but this is a bad idea as i loose all my configuration.

Where is the right place to change the fixed IP address then ?

Thanks you for your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I was pointed by the Cisco Small Business Support to this solution

go to Wireless Settings->Access Points and then edit your (primary) access point.

There you find a tab "General" where you can edit a static IP address, subnet mask and gateway.
There you find also a tab "Primary AP" where you can edit a static IP address, subnet mask and gateway.

So long nobody could answer my question what is the difference between this two entries. I figured out that the IP address under "Primary AP" is the IP address where you find the management UI.

So what stands the other IP address (tab "General") stands for ?

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

yashameta8
Level 1
Level 1

I am also having the same issue of changing changing the fixed IP address of a 140AC access point .. lets hope we can get any reply from walgreenslistens

I was pointed by the Cisco Small Business Support to this solution

go to Wireless Settings->Access Points and then edit your (primary) access point.

There you find a tab "General" where you can edit a static IP address, subnet mask and gateway.
There you find also a tab "Primary AP" where you can edit a static IP address, subnet mask and gateway.

So long nobody could answer my question what is the difference between this two entries. I figured out that the IP address under "Primary AP" is the IP address where you find the management UI.

So what stands the other IP address (tab "General") stands for ?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card