cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Checklist to Move WLC and Server Switch from Core to Distribution switch

Rupesh1
Level 1
Level 1

We are moving Cisco Wireless Controller and Server Switch from Core to Distribution switch. 

What all things needs to be check and do to ensure success movement (Apart from configuring the New Uplink ports and allowing vlan on Trunk port in path)

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- At the simple 'layer 2' networking I don't see any big issues for the controller , but if it is in a live wireless network environment such as AP's using flexconnect , I would be very wary. I recommend a cold boot of the controller and therefore let the wireless environment 'boot up' again.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It's kind of hard to provide a checklist not really knowing how things are connected and what is connected to what.  Like Marce mentioned, if its layer 2, shouldn't be much of an issue, but if you change configurations and of subnets, then that is something you need more planning.  

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card