Views
Helpful
Replies

Chromecast Configuration on 5520

jonathanw84
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am trying to get a Chromecast set up on our 5520 WLCs and I believe I've done everything I'm supposed to but it is still not working. The Chromecast and the mobile phone that is trying to connect to it are on the same WLAN / VLAN but it states that "your chromecast has been set up but can't be found". Am I missing something? Steps taken:

1. mDNS Global Snooping and mDNS Policy have been enabled globally.
2. I created a service called "chromecast" with the service string "_googlecast._tcp.local."
3. I added this service to the default mDNS profile.
4. The profile was added to the SSID in question. 
5. If I click on the service name, I see the the Chromecast listed under the "service provider information" so it's definitely detecting it as being online.

Am I missing anything on the WLC side? I also have a corresponding VLAN interface on the WLC that tied to the WLAN in an AP Group. Does the mDNS profile also need to be enabled there too? 

Let me know if you need any additional information. 

Thanks! 

4 Replies 4

Thanks. I did read through those and it does seem as if I have everything configured correctly. I can even see the Chromecast device popping up as a service provider using the correct service string. 

One thing to check is on the SSID under advanced the P2P blocking is disabled. This is to keep devices on the same SSID from talking to each other for security.

Yep, this was already disabled as have some clients on this SSID that RDP to one another. Thanks! 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card