cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1250 series Access Point slow speeds over 2.4GHz.....

lawrence069
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 Cisco 1252 Access points, we originally had 10/10 Mbps internet and now we have 50/50Mbps.  I'm not able to get speeds over 10Mbps on my AP.  This issue may have been there since buying the APs and not noticed since our isp speeds were 10/10.  I've attached the running config and its connected to a 3560 cisco switch which is connecting to the AP and showing a 100Mbps connection.  Wired i'm getting the speeds expected, just when connecting via the AP.  Both APs are doing the same thing and both configured VLANs are also

The AP's software version is 15.2(2) JA1

The bootloader version is 12.4(18a) JA1

Also on a side note I was never able to enable the 5Ghz radios, i kept getting the error from the gui not assigned to any vlan but it is.  

Any guidance is much appreciated,

Allen

3 Replies 3

lawrence069
Level 1
Level 1

this question posted twice and wont allow me to delete this one.  please see

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/13114441/cisco-1250-series-access-point-slow-speeds-over-24ghz

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I'm not able to get speeds over 10Mbps on my AP.

Sounds like a network card issue.   The network card can only support one single stream, maybe 802.11b only. 

What is the exact make and model of the wireless network card plus what is the wireless NIC driver version?

Sam Smiley
Level 3
Level 3

You have the VLANs created correctly on dot11 0; you however haven't configured anything on dot11 1 except the native VLAN and bridge group 1. Add the sub interfaces like you have on dot11 0. 

You also don't have a SSID assigned to dot11 1. Like you have on dot11 0 add the SSID and the encryption. This will at least give the client the option of connecting to the 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz antenna. You will get up to 144 Mb/s on the 5 GHz antenna with a channel width of 20, to get to 300 Mb/s you will need to bump the channel width to 40-above. Adding sub interfaces, assigning SSIDs and encryption should allow you to bring the 5 GHz antenna up.

While you are in the config might also kill some of the lower connect speeds on the 2.4 GHz antenna, something like:

speed  basic-6.0 basic-9.0 basic-12.0 basic-18.0 basic-24.0 basic-36.0 basic-48.0 basic-54.0

Cheers,

Sam

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card