Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1310 Access Point Rommon Mode

Jay Girlardo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

So I have a Cisco 1310 Access Point that is in Rommon mode. I have the image on the Access point but I did not use the archive download command to extract it. When I use the

tar -xtract flash://c1310-k9w7-tar[1].124-25d.JA2.tar flash:

command It gets close to the end but doesnt finish saying there isnt enough space. When I try to delete the file using delete flash://

c1310-k9w7-tar[1].124-25d.JA2 it wont allow me saying I do not have permission. I tried the rmdir command as well but had no luck. It wont allow me to use the tags /f /r for forceful and recursive, it doesnt recognize them. Anyone know how to delete a directory in rommon mode on an the 1310 access point?

Thanks

6 Replies 6

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post what you see so we can see it... makes it easy.

Thanks,

Scott

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Unfournately the AP is not on site where I am right now.

The delete /recursive /force flash:/ is what I use.  You might try to delete these files also:

ap:delete flash:private-config

ap:delete flash:private-multiple-fs

Thanks,

Scott

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Can you use the /recursive /force in rommon mode?

delete flash:/private-multiple-fs

You have to use the forward slash to make this work

Jay Girlardo
Level 1
Level 1

I figured it out. Since in ROMMON mode I couldnt delete the IOS or anything else in fact I used the format flash: command and then followed the directions to TFTP a new image to the AP. Found here

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/31571/cisco-aironet-access-points-ios-recovery

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card