cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1532E - Stability Issues

Matthew Ratliff
Level 1
Level 1

I am currently deploying a combo of 1532E's (root and non-root) at some of my remote locations.  The distance between units would be on average of around 1000 feet.  Of the 6 locations that I have deployed this solution, only two have been of a non issue.  The others however have been a serious problem.  I'm using the exact same configuration on all units.  Each are running on only the 5Ghz radio.  I'm passing around 7 VLANs via sub interfaces on gi0 and dot11r1 interfaces.  I am also using a standard AES-PSK-WPA2 authentication method between the units.  DFS is being used for channel assignments.  The antenna being used is a AIR-ANT5114P2M-N.  The issue that I'm running into at the other 4 locations is that every 4 to 5 days or so we begin getting complaints that communication is broken between systems sitting behind each roo/nonroot bridge.  Upon further investigation, I see that the wireless bridge units are still associated and talking, but packets show that they are being randomly dropped.  It will stay this way until I shut / no shut the root antenna.  I have also changed code, implemented a local 802.1x EAP-Fast Authentication method, but no changes.   

I'm no novice with wireless, but I want to see what your thoughts are on what could be causing this.  Have you experienced anything similar?  Any ideas?   

2 Replies 2

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are you controlling these with a WLC, or using them autonomous?  I would personally prefer a WLC controlled solution, such as using a 2504.

I would be tempted to try another different code release again.

Otherwise if two sites are working fine, and 4 are not, and all sites are the same, then that only leaves an environmental issue.

At this point I'm inclined to believe it's related to environmental issues.  Thanks for your reply. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card