cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2504 wireless controller access point compatabilty

Clay Plaga
Level 3
Level 3

I have a new Cisco 2504 wireless controller. I want to purchase 4 Cisco Aironet AIR-1142N-A-K9 access points. Are they compatable with the 2504 controller? Can I use them with the 2504 controller?

These are the the 4 access points:

(1) Cisco Aironet AIR-1142N-A-K9 V03 802.11n Dual Band Access Point
(1) Cisco Aironet AIR-1142N-A-K9 V04 802.11n Dual Band Access Point
(2) Cisco Aironet AIR-1142N-A-K9 V02 802.11n Dual Band Access Points

Thank You.

5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can. Here is the compatibility matrix for the Cisco wireless in case you decide to add different models.  It's the code version you need to also look at.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/compatibility/matrix/compatibility-matrix.html

-Scott 

*** Please rate helpful posts *** 

-Scott

So the compatibility guide is saying, if the WLC 2504 controller is running the  8.3.102.0 release and the access point is running  the 15.3(3)JD release then it will work. I should be able to download both of those if I need to? Also, can I connect the  Cisco Aironet AIR-1142N-A-K9 to a Cisco 2960 PoE switch?

Thank You.

Software download is available if you have support. I wouldn't go with v8.3 but with v8.2.141.0.  You can use any PoE switch as long as it powers up the AP.

-Scott 

-Scott

The 2504 WLC is brand new and the switch I have is a Cisco WS-C2960-24PC-l with a new service contract. 

Thanks.

I would say, try do download any code on the controller and see. Support ties your downloads to your CCO account so you may have the ability to download code for the switch but unless you have support on the controller, I don't think you will. Now if it's new, ask the vendor whom you purchased the unit for the code.  That would be your only way if you agin don't have support. 

-Scott 

-Scott
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card