Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 5508 WLC - Configuring multiple Access Points

tonymitchell
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all...

On a Cisco 5508 running 7.4.110, is it possible to configure the AP Mode on multiple acess points. I have around 15 new APs, but don't particularily want to go into each indiviual one to change the AP Mode from Local to FlexConnect.

Can't see anyting under Global Configuration for this... although I suppose CLI is another option?

Thanks

Tony

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There isn't a way to do that. You would have to change each one either through the GUI or the CLI. The Flex7500 does that only because it supports only FlexConnect AP's.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There isn't a way to do that. You would have to change each one either through the GUI or the CLI. The Flex7500 does that only because it supports only FlexConnect AP's.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks Scott.

I suppose I'd have to go through all of them anyway to set the hostname and location! :-)

I use linux tools for stuff like this. ie, using awk, if you had a list of just ap names in a file, you could take the output of the following and paste into CLI:

awk '{print "config ap mode se-connect",$1;print "y"}' apfile.txt

or the same, except grabbing a list of currently joined AP's from the WLC and using that:

snmpwalk -v2c -c 1.3.6.1.4.1.14179.2.2.1.1.3 |

awk -F "\"" '{print "config ap mode se-connect",$2;print "y"}'

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card