Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 8500 Series Wireless LAN Controller HA issue

NewCiscoGuy1
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

We have 2 Cisco 8500 Series Wireless LAN Controller configured in SSO mode. The version running is 8.3.143.0. 

Our current issue is that in the the redundancy status its showing "BulkSync Status = In-Progress"

(Cisco Controller) >show redundancy summary
Redundancy Mode = SSO ENABLED
Local State = ACTIVE
Peer State = STANDBY HOT
Unit = Secondary (Inherited AP License Count = 6000)
Unit ID = xxxxxxxxxx (Removed for post)
Redundancy State = SSO
Mobility MAC = xxxxxxxxxxx (Removed for post)
BulkSync Status = In-Progress
Average Redundancy Peer Reachability Latency = 60 Micro Seconds
Average Management Gateway Reachability Latency = 937 Micro Seconds

All the configuration replicated and reddundancy mode is showing sso. But the BulkSysnc Status is still in-Progress"

Please advise.

Thanks

Kyle

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I did a "redundancy force-switchover" to make the Primary active, but the WAPS would not connect to it, so I had to switch it back.  Once I did that, the sync now says completed.  Now I need to solve why the WAPS won't connect to the Primary.

EDIT: Once I added licenses to the Primary the WAPs connected.  So far seems ok now!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuz78555/?rfs=iqvred

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Doesn't look like this is an issue with 8.3.143.0.

- I can see, but if the problem remains in place, after long up time of both controllers it usually means that the issue isn't properly resolved.  Better give feedback to TAC.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

I did a "redundancy force-switchover" to make the Primary active, but the WAPS would not connect to it, so I had to switch it back.  Once I did that, the sync now says completed.  Now I need to solve why the WAPS won't connect to the Primary.

EDIT: Once I added licenses to the Primary the WAPs connected.  So far seems ok now!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card