Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 9800 WLC missing Wireless Traps tab in GUI

in_hiding
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am trying to figure this out for a while now. 

I wanted to check the SNMP configuration from GUI and since this is the first time I am dealing with 9800, I consulted configuration guide. This is what it is saying:

Step 1

Choose Administration > Management > SNMP.

The SNMP page is displayed. By default, the SNMP mode is disabled. To enable or disable SMNP, click the SNMP Mode toggle button.
Step 2

Choose the Wireless Traps tab.

By default, all SNMP wireless traps are disabled except the Access Point trap. To enable all the wireless traps, click Enable All.

However, I cannot locate the Wireless traps tab. Nor the traps list.

Software version is 17.3.3

Thank you in advance.

Dragana

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi 

Make you have enough privilege if you usgin TACACS. 

Traps make sense if you have some NMS and time to ckeck frequently.  Otherwise, is just tons of garbage.

According to the doc:

Step 1

The SNMP page is displayed. By default, the SNMP mode is disabled. To enable or disable SMNP, click the SNMP Mode toggle button.
Step 2

By default, all SNMP wireless traps are disabled except the Access Point trap. To enable all the wireless traps, click Enable All.
Step 3

Select the wireless SNMP trap that you wish to enable. Click the Select All check box to enable all the trapflags present in the trap. For example, to enable all the trapflags in the Mesh trap section, check the Select All check box present at the right-hand corner of the section. Uncheck the Select All check box to remove selection.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hi 

Make you have enough privilege if you usgin TACACS. 

Traps make sense if you have some NMS and time to ckeck frequently.  Otherwise, is just tons of garbage.

According to the doc:

Step 1

Step 2

Step 3

Select the wireless SNMP trap that you wish to enable. Click the Select All check box to enable all the trapflags present in the trap. For example, to enable all the trapflags in the Mesh trap section, check the Select All check box present at the right-hand corner of the section. Uncheck the Select All check box to remove selection.

Thank you very much.

It is most probably privilege issue, since it is customer's device and we did not completely took over monitoring yet.

Now some other things make much more sense also.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card