Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DTLS Error

I am attempting to repurpose some 2602i's for use on a vWLC 8.5.171. However, when attempting to join, I receive a DTLS error. I believe this is due to an expired cert on the AP however the workarounds are not working. I have disabled NTP, changed the date on the WLC to the past (11/11/11 for example), and enabled MIC/SSC expiry bypass. Can you advise on what further steps I can take? I've read that I may need to get a vWLC v7.3 built and upgrade from there but that version if deferred.

5 Replies 5

you have to set correct date/time and time zone for WLC. do not use old dates or new dates. 

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

@Kasun Bandara - in fact disabling NTP and setting an old date/time is part of the recovery procedure for

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/field-notices/639/fn63942.html

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Console into the AP and reboot the AP. 

Post the complete boot-up process.

And the output of "show ap join stats summary all" and "show ap join stats detailed <Cisco AP Mac>" for the APs that have the problem.

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>...I receive a DTLS error

- What is the content of the DTLS error ?

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card