Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO AIR-CAP3702I-E-K9 weird LED status

Hi everyone

As in the title, my company has this WAP CISCO AIRONET 3700 series. It runs on PoE, but when I plugin LAN cable the LED status lights up Cyan color as shown in the video clip. The document about this model from Cisco does not refer anything about Cyan status LED. I can not login via console, ssh or telnet. Does anyone have knowledge about this? Please help me 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You will get a hardware replacement, they have around 10 years of included hardware warranty. Just write them that it doesn't anymore turn on.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
When you attach a console and power it on, will it output anything to the console?
Can you try another PoE 802.3at switch?
If both doesn't help, RMA the AP, unless it happens with several.

When you attach a console and power it on, will it output anything to the console?

No, nothing, just a blank screen. I used several console software like Putty, Teraterm, Hyperterm but all of them acted the same, blank screen. I also tried with different console cables

Can you try another PoE 802.3at switch?

I tried another port and also another cable without success. I even tried a Cisco 48V DC external power supply

If both doesn't help, RMA the AP, unless it happens with several.

Well I did try reset the AP but no luck until now if RMA the AP you mean factory reset :))

My personal conclusion is this WAP is just dead :)) and there is no way to recover it

RMA = Hardware replacement.
Contact Cisco TAC for warranty, you have a limited lifetime warranty on the AP.

Thanks for the info :))

However this WAP had been purchased long way back in 2016, I'm afraid that it won't get any support from Cisco or any Cisco partner now

You will get a hardware replacement, they have around 10 years of included hardware warranty. Just write them that it doesn't anymore turn on.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: