cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AIR-CT8510-K9 Ping Loss Over 30-70%

Saran Komgris
Level 1
Level 1

I know that this device is EoL already. Unfortunately, I just assigned to support with new customer using WLC 8510 with version 8.5.182.7.

Anyone used to faced the ping loss behavior? As I got the message, no configuring changes, but just a reboot by itself. There are many WLCs connected uplink to the same switch. Layer 1 is working fine, no CRC, no transceiver issue, other WLC not faced this issue(same network, same configuration). Please help

SaranKomgris_1-1702901626345.png

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check the logs on WLC5 and or configure a syslog server on it , (follow up on logging)  ; you may try another port on the particular switch too , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

So this happened after a reboot?  Were the configs saved before the reboot? Reboot it again and ping the address to make sure there is no other device using that same address.  Other than that, check out what @marce1000 posted also.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Rich R
VIP
VIP

Never seen that before. We still have some 8510's which we plan to turn off within the next few months.
Also upgrade to 8.5.182.11 (link below) just to make sure you have all the latest bug fixes.  Did you check the interface stats on both sides - WLC & switch?
That kind of problem can sometimes also indicate a failing SFP so you could try replacing SFPs on both sides.

Thank you. I have not heard about 8.5.182.11 before. I will try with this version. I am 100% sure there is no layer 1 issue and also try on new switch's interfaces.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card