cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I get Release 8.5.182.0 for Cisco Aironet 3800i AP

ousunderground
Level 1
Level 1

How do I get Release 8.5.182.0 if I don't have a contract? for my Cisco Aironet 3800i AP access point
I bought the AP as second hand for my home lab
and I need this version to support another AP

AIR-AP3800-K9-ME-8-5-182-0.zip

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>...How do I get Release 8.5.182.0 if I don't have a contract?
                                       You can't 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

even if it's not the latest release ? it must be said that I am looking for a version released in 2021 !

- Not officially.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Rich R
VIP
VIP

@ousunderground  you should actually be looking for 8.5.182.11
https://software.cisco.com/download/specialrelease/99fb7f05274619819868d4b78406c5fe

You should find a recent security advisory that affects 8.5 code and find the section which says "Customers without Contracts" then email TAC (don't phone) quoting the URL of the advisory, the paragraph just mentioned and the version and URL for the software you want to download and serial number of your AP. You'll have to mention which platform you need it for (3800) because they have all of them there at that URL. Then TAC should publish it to you directly.
This advisory should be suitable: Cisco Wireless LAN Controller AireOS Software FIPS Mode Denial of Service Vulnerability 
"Customers Without Service Contracts
Customers who purchase directly from Cisco but do not hold a Cisco service contract and customers who make purchases through third-party vendors but are unsuccessful in obtaining fixed software through their point of sale should obtain upgrades by contacting the Cisco TAC: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-worldwide-contacts.html
Customers should have the product serial number available and be prepared to provide the URL of this advisory as evidence of entitlement to a free upgrade."

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card