cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AIR-WLC2006-K9 WLAN Controller DB9 to DB9 Serial Console Cable Pin-outs needed.

RandyRayman
Level 1
Level 1

Can someone tell me what the DB9 to DB9 serial console cable pin-outs are for the Cisco AIR-WLC2006-K9 WLAN controller? I have two of these controllers and I plan to donate them to a good cause along with some AP's but obviously if I can't configure them, they are useless. They both power on and I hear them beep several times so they are good.  I have tried every null modem cable I could find including those with a 25 to 9 pin adapters. I have also tried different serial port data rates and setting in case they were changed. I believe the default is 96,8,1,n.  Others on the web have had similar experiences. The same null modem cable works fine on the 4402 controller… but not the 2006.  Since the 2006 has been discontinued and not supported any more, much of the documentation doesn’t appear to be on the Cisco site anymore. If anyone has the DB9 to DB9 magic cable pin-out and wouldn't mind sharing it... I would appreciate it! Thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2

Hi

Refer this thread. In last response, you will find what you want.

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/thread/9207

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

Thanks for the reply Rasika but I already tried that cable. Checked it out with an Ohm meter, cable was pinned correctly. It worked on a 4402 controller but not the 2006. I did try all kinds of serial settings and usually you get some garbage displayed if the baud rate, parity, stop bits, etc... are wrong but this had nothing displayed. I suppose it's possible that both 2006 controllers are bad but the odds are extremely small hence I still suspect the cable.  Do you know of an actual Cisco document that shows the console cable pin-out for the 2006? If I had an actual Cisco document and not a user supplied document and that cable didn't work, then I guess there recycling material. Any other idea's or thoughts? Thanks!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card